If your child was born in 2017, they can start kindergarten in September 2021 and register for the 2021-22 school year.
NEW: Families can now register online for kindergarten
for the 2021-22 school year.
Click on the blue "register online for kindergarten" button below to begin the application.
Please note that weekly system maintenance updates take place every Sunday between 12 to 6 a.m. and from 3 to 3:30 a.m. daily. You may experience technical difficulties with the application link during this time.
To register for grades 1 to 12, or Continuing and Adult Education, visit www.peelschools.org/register.
How to register online for kindergarten
Kindergarten registration will only be processed online at this time.
To register for kindergarten, families must use the online registration button above. Please note that you must create an account using an email address to begin the registration process. Once you begin the application process, you can save it as a draft and go back to it at a later time.
STEP ONE: Click on the online registration button above
Sign up using an email address
- Families will be required to sign up on the registration portal using an email address and password.
- Once you have signed up, a confirmation email will be sent to the inbox of the email address you have used. Click on the link in the confirmation email in order to confirm your email address and to move ahead with the registration process.
STEP THREE: Begin the online registration
- Once the link in the email address has been confirmed, families can begin the online registration process. There are eight steps/sections that families will be required to complete. These steps are:
Residential and mailing address information
General student information
Parent/legal guardian information
Consent for electronic communication
Supporting documents - In this section, families will be able to upload the
documents required for registration. The fillable forms are available for download, can be filled out online and then uploaded directly into the application:
Important note: If needed, once you've started your application, you can save it as a draft and return to it at a later time to complete. However, once the application has been submitted, you will not be able to make any changes to Steps 1 - 7 and can only make changes to Step 8 - Supporting Documents.
Technical support: Families can contact 905-755-8849 – option 1 if they need technical support while completing their application. Hours: Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
FOUR: Confirmation email
Once families have completed the registration form and submitted it, they will automatically receive a confirmation email. Once the application has been submitted, you will not be able to make any changes to Steps 1 - 7 and can only make changes to Step 8 - Supporting Documents.
Once you've submitted your online application, take this opportunity to review:
STEP FIVE: Schools process the online application
Once schools receive the online application, they will process it and will communicate with the family about the status of their application. We request your patience as schools do their best to process all incoming kindergarten registrations as quickly as possible.
Documents required for online registration
Families will be required to upload scanned copies of the following documents while completing online registration.
1. Required documents
Proof of child's age and legal name
- Birth Certificate/Birth Registration Card
- Citizenship Card / Certificate / Passport / Permanent Resident Card / Confirmation of Permanent Residence
- Certificate of Indian Status
- Refugee/Convention Refugee Permit
- Agreement of Purchase and Sale of House
- Latest Municipal Tax Assessment (MPAC) / Tax Bill
- Phone / Cable/ Internet Bill
- Utility Bill (water, hydro, gas)
- Bank Statement / Letter from Financial Institution / Credit Card Statement
- Government forms (e.g. Canada Post, Service Canada documents)
Proof of Citizenship/ Immigration Status
- Canadian Birth Certificate/Birth Registration Card
- Canadian Citizenship Card / Certificate / Passport
- Permanent Resident Card / Confirmation of Permanent Residence
- Stage 1 Approval Letter from IRCC
- Refugee/Convention Refugee Permit
- Study Permit issued to parent for a diploma or degree program from Citizenship and Immigration Canada and acceptance letter from publicly funded post-secondary institution
- Work permit/Employment Authorization from Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- Work Permit for Missionary Work (only case type 13)
- Documentation in support of Expired Visitor Status such as Expired Visitor Record, Passport (non-Canadian) – showing Canadian stamped date of entry or Traveler's History Report from CBSA.
Proof of Immunization Records
- Students with an OEN (shown on Ontario report cards or transcripts) do not need to provide proof of immunization
- Students registering in an Ontario public school for the first time must provide proof of immunization/vaccination or exemption from immunization by providing a Peel Public Health Reference Number. Please check the Peel Public Health website for information about the immunization schedule in Ontario and for information on how to have your child immunized.
Proof of Custody/ Legal Guardianship documentation
- Children must live with their parent(s) unless the school is provided with legal documentation supporting an alternate living arrangement.
2. Additional forms (as needed)
Below are additional forms that you may be requested to complete in the online registration if they are applicable for you and your family:
Self-Identification Guide – In the online registration form, First Nation, Métis or Inuit students can choose to self-identify. View the self-identification guide for more information.
Registering students with special needs
Students who have a demonstrated developmental disability, physical disability, hearing or vision loss or ASD/PDD diagnosis may require specialized support in the school setting.
The Peel board's Special Education Support Services department looks forward to working with families as planning for their child's entry to school begins.
Families will be required to complete the Planning for Entry to School Form and upload it in the online kindergarten registration portal. Schools will also be following up with registered families to support them closely and meet their child's needs.
To learn more and prepare for registration, please review the following Parent letter - Enrolling students with special needs.
For more information, visit the Frequently Asked Questions page.
For more information about the special education supports available and registration, call 905-890-1010/1-800-668-1146 ext. 2315.
Si votre enfant possède les qualités requises lui permettant de suivre le programme de française langue première et si vous êtes intéressé à l'inscrire au Counseil scolaire Viamonde, veuillez contacter à 416-614-0844 loc. 5908..
For more information
To learn how to register for grades 1 to 12, or Continuing and Adult Education
, visit www.peelschools.org/register
For technical support with your online registration form, contact 905-755-8849, option #1. Hours: Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For more information about the kindergarten program in Peel public schools, contact
905-890-1010/1-800-668-1146 ext. 2595.