Kiss N' Ride program
Keep students safe in school parking lots
Many elementary schools offer a Kiss N' Ride program where parents/guardians can drop off and pick up their children at a designated area on school property. The program was established to provide a convenient and safe option for our students and parents driving to school.
Please follow these parking lot and Kiss N' Ride safety guidelines:
- The Kiss N' Ride program is only available to students who are able to disembark independently. Drivers must not get out of their vehicle.
- Vehicles entering the Kiss N' Ride lane must stay in the designated lane, unless otherwise directed by a staff member or volunteer.
- There is no parking and no waiting in the Kiss N' Ride lane(s). Pay attention to the traffic in front of you and pull forward as cars move forward. If you choose to park in the parking lot, please escort your child to or from the nearest patroller and use the main sidewalk.
- Have your child ready to exit the car when you reach the curb in the designated Kiss N' Ride zone. Students may only exit from the passenger (right) side of the vehicle.
- After picking-up or dropping-off your child, please leave promptly using the designated thru lane.
- If your child is not waiting for you at the main sidewalk at the end of the day, please circle the parking lot if permitted and rejoin the line or park in a designated parking space to wait.
- Always respect traffic flow and abide all traffic laws and signs.
Please note that anyone in violation of these parking lot and Kiss N' Ride safety guidelines and/or applicable laws will be at risk of having their parking lot Kiss N' Ride pass privileges revoked.
Ask your child's teacher or principal to learn more about the school's specific Kiss N' Ride procedures.