If your child has previously attended the Peel District School Board, is transferring from another Ontario school board/Ontario private school, or is entering the Peel board for the first time from homeschooling:
- Please contact [email protected] with your request for registration. Please use school locator to determine which school your child should be attending based on your home address and include that information in your email.
Documents to bring to registration
When you are registering your child, you will need to provide documents that verifies age, immigration status, residence, immunization and custody(if applicable) of your child.
Please bring the following documents when you register along with the admission forms that are available for download below. Please fill out the forms prior to registration.
- Proof of child's age and legal name
- Birth Certificate/Birth Registration Card
- Citizenship Card / Certificate / Passport / Permanent Resident Card / Confirmation of Permanent Residence
- Certificate of Indian Status
- Refugee/Convention Refugee Permit
- Agreement of Purchase and Sale of House
- Latest Municipal Tax Assessment (MPAC) / Tax Bill
- Phone / Cable/ Internet Bill
- Utility Bill (water, hydro, gas)
- Bank Statement / Letter from Financial Institution / Credit Card Statement
- Government forms (e.g. Canada Post, Service Canada documents)
- Proof of Citizenship/ Immigration Status
- Canadian Birth Certificate/Birth Registration Card
- Canadian Citizenship Card / Certificate / Passport
- Permanent Resident Card / Confirmation of Permanent Residence
- Stage 1 Approval Letter from IRCC
- Refugee/Convention Refugee Permit
- Study Permit issued to parent for a diploma or degree program from Citizenship and Immigration Canada and acceptance letter from publicly funded post-secondary institution
- Work permit/Employment Authorization from Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- Work Permit for Missionary Work (only case type 13)
- Documentation in support of Expired Visitor Status such as Expired Visitor Record, Passport (non-Canadian) – showing Canadian stamped date of entry or Traveler's History Report from CBSA.
- Proof of Immunization Records
- Students with an OEN (shown on Ontario report cards or transcripts) do not need to provide proof of immunization
- Students registering in an Ontario public school for the first time must provide proof of immunization/vaccination – Peel Public Health Reference Number or other Immunization Record or an exemption form from Peel Health. Please check the Peel Public Health website for information about the immunization schedule in Ontario and for information on how to have your child immunized.
- Proof of Custody/ Legal Guardianship documentation
- Children must live with their parent(s) unless the school is provided with legal documentation supporting an alternate living arrangement.
If you are missing some documents, you can still visit the We Welcome the World Centres, and our staff will help you with all registration requirements.
Your child’s first day of school
Once the orientation interview is complete, you will get an appointment card with the date your child can start school. Please bring this card with you on your child’s first day, so that he or she can receive a new school schedule to complete the registration process.
International students attend the Peel Schools for International Students currently housed at Applewood Heights, Clarkson Secondary School and Harold M. Brathwaite. The schools provide a unique, world-class program that integrates students from around world into the dynamic and welcoming learning environment.
International students interested in our program should visit www.peelschools.org/international or call 1-800-668-1179 ext. 2638.