North Park Secondary School participated in the DECA Provincial Competition from Feb.9 to Feb. 11 which brought over 7,500 Ontario students to compete from across the province.
North Park students competed in business, entrepreneurship, hospitality and tourism and marketing events. North Park students successfully placed well amongst the Top 10 and 15, with some students earning first and third place.
North Park Secondary School placed as below:
- 1st Place – Hospitality & Tourism Operations Research (Balreen Gill, Harjot Bhatia, Randip Bhojian)
- 1st Place – Creative Marketing Project (Udit Desai, Jevinjyot Sidhu, Prithvi Kahlon)
- 3rd Place – Marketing, Sports and Entertainment Marketing (Jasnoor Khurana)
- 4th Place – Entrepreneur Innovation Plan (Vishv Patel)
- 4th Place – Entrepreneurship Franchise Business Plan (Gurnoor Khalon, Huzaifa Khan, Prateek Verma)
- 6th Place – Business Management (Rahul Sahdeva)
- 7th Place – Marketing Learn and Earn Project (Hrutva Acharya, Shivani Patel, Neevi Shah)
- 9th Place – Business Law and Ethics Team (Sai Kolanu, Tasnim Islam)
- 10th Place – Entrepreneurship Franchise Plan (Jasleen Suthi, Muskan Kaur)
- Top 10 – Marketing (Dhruvil Gore, Vidyansh Sharda, Ajay Shah)
- Top 15 – Hospitality and Tourism (Priya Thethi, Jashan Bola, Dhvanil Amin, Haiya Oza, Faiza Usmani, Harleen Chhabra)
- Top 15 – Marketing, Automotive Series (Jay Shah)
- Top 15 – Marketing Management (Gurpreet Gahunia)
DECA Ontario is the third largest DECA delegation in the world. DECA instills professionalism and prepares youth to respond to authentic business cases and market demands. DECA provides an innovative extra-curricular program for secondary school students in Ontario that allow students to develop confidence, employability and leadership skills.