The holidays, while a season of joy, are also a time of stress. For families with challenges, stress can turn into distress and a mental health crisis. Should this happen, where can kids and parents get help when schools, doctors' offices and social services are closed?
The Crisis Response Service operated by Peel Children’s Centre is here to help 24 hours a day, even on holidays. Call 416-410-8615 from anywhere in Peel Region.
We offer free, immediate support for children/youth under age 18 experiencing a mental health crisis, as well as their parents/caregivers. Mental health crises may include, but are not limited to:
- parent-child conflict
- school concerns
- substance misuse
- parenting concerns
The Crisis Response Service provides:
- immediate crisis stabilization over the phone
- development of safety plans
- in-person support in clients’ homes, the community or the office between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- short-term, crisis-focused counselling
- referrals and bridging support to other services in the community
We encourae you to advise your students and/or parents about our service.
Together we can ensure that families know how to get help when they are in crisis. Thank you for being part of our Caring Community Working Together for Children and Youth.