The Peel District School Board has hired Brian Hobbs to lead the development of its Peel Learning Foundation. Hobbs, former director of development with the Conservation Halton Foundation, will assume the role on Dec. 4, 2017.
"We're excited to welcome Brian as we prepare to launch the Peel Learning Foundation in the new year," says Janet McDougald, chair of the Peel board. "We know the foundation will help support Peel board students and families who may be experiencing hardships and we look forward to partnering with organizations and private donors to help us make an even greater difference in lives of children and youth."
Hobbs will spend his first few months as executive officer:
- researching existing learning foundations
- establishing charitable status
- recruiting foundation board members, including establishing a board of directors
- developing the governance framework, including its mission, vision and values
- establishing terms of reference and bylaws
- creating fund development strategies
- developing marketing and brand strategies
The Peel board hopes to officially launch the Peel Learning Foundation in 2018. Individuals or organizations who are interested in supporting the Peel Learning Foundation are welcome to email Hobbs at [email protected].
The Peel board serves 153,000 students in kindergarten to the end of secondary school. Operating 256 schools in the municipalities of Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga, the Peel board is the largest employer in Peel.
– 30 –
Reference: Carla Pereira, director of communicatons, 905-890-1010 ext. 2812 or [email protected]