The Peel District School Board is currently seeking applications from parents of Black Peel students to fill three available positions for the We Rise Together Advisory Council, beginning October 2017 and ending June 2018. Peel parents interested in this volunteer opportunity can apply using the online form. Click here to apply. The online application closes Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
The advisory council will consist of parents, community members, students, trustees and board staff who are committed to achieving the goals set out in the We Rise Together Accountability Report. Parent representatives will provide advice, support and feedback on the implementation of We Rise Together action steps in the areas of Student Leadership, Curriculum, Staff Development and Community Engagement.
An important component of the We Rise Together Action Plan, the following is the selection criteria for parents interested in being a part of the We Rise Together Advisory Council:
- parent of Black student(s) currently enrolled in the Peel District School Board
- one representative from Brampton, one from Caledon, one from Mississauga
- demonstrates a commitment to, and knowledge of the We Rise Together Accountability Report and subsequent action steps
- understands the importance of parent, family and community engagement
- demonstrates a keen interest in public education
- seeks to promote healthy, positive and progressive relationships with the Peel District School Board
- demonstrates advocacy and community development skills
Selected applicants will be contacted. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]
For more information about We Rise Together, please visit www.peelschools.org/werisetogether.