March 4, 2015
Apply for a position on the board's French as a Second Language Advisory Committee
The Peel District School Board is currently seeking parent members for its first French as a Second Language Advisory committee. The committee will meet three to four times during the school year to provide input and feedback in an advisory capacity to the board regarding the development and implementation of French programs and initiatives.
We are now in the process of inviting parents to apply for eight available positions on the committee.
Members will be selected based on the following criteria:
If interested, visit www.peelschools.org/parents/involved/french for an application and more details.
- demonstrates a keen interest in public education and French as a Second Language programs
- understands the importance of parent, family and community engagement
- has experience working with French language/cultural organizations
- demonstrates advocacy and community development skills
- has a present level of involvement in the education system
- reflects the diversity of the community