Human Rights Commissioner’s Office
The Peel District School Board is committed to ensuring that it creates and maintains a safe, caring, inclusive learning and working environment that is free of discrimination and harassment and in which everyone is treated with respect. The Peel board's commitment reflects and is informed by the principles outlined in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
and the Ontario Human Rights Code
The Human Rights Commissioner's Office (HRCO) is an arm's length, independent and neutral office with two primary goals:
- Confidentially addressing and resolving complaints brought to it in a fair, just and equitable manner; and
- Supporting and maintaining a culture of respectful working and learning environments free of discrimination and harassment by providing human rights education and training to all members of the Peel board community and providing guidance on policies and procedures related to human rights including employment and educational equity plans.
A message from the Human Rights Commissioner's Office
The Human Rights Commissioner's Office (HRCO) continues to be available to all members of the Board community for consultation, inquiries and complaints. We are working to provide service to the community as seamlessly as possible using electronic means.
As many of us are working remotely, some processes may be amended and occasionally response times may be delayed. We thank you for your understanding and hope we can work with all of you to ensure the best possible outcomes for our community.
You can reach us by leaving a phone message at 905-890-1010 ext. 4726 or 905-366-1533 or by sending an email to [email protected]. Peel District School Board accessibility services are available. They can be reached by leaving a phone message at 905-890-1010 ext. 2218 or by email at [email protected].
If you require an accessible version of these documents, please contact the HRCO.
We invite members of the Peel board community who have human rights-related concerns or inquiries to contact us at:
- Internal calls: 905-890-1010 ext. 4726
- External calls: 905-366-1533
- Email: [email protected]
- Mail: Human Rights Commissioner's Office
HJA Brown Education Centre
5650 Hurontario Street
Mississauga, ON L5R 1C6