Baljinder Rakhra delegated the board regarding the increase in facility rental fees.
Trustees recognize Oct. 2 as Principals and Vice-Principals' Day
On Oct. 2, Peel schools and worksites will recognize principals and vice-principals for their essential role in making a positive difference in the lives of students, their families and the community.
Peel board recognizes Teacher Recognition Day in Peel on Oct. 4
The board will recognize Oct. 4, 2019 as Teacher Recognition Day in Peel schools. This day is recognized globally on Oct. 5 every year as United Nations World Teachers' Day. Schools will participate in various activities to acknowledge the contributions teachers make in the lives of children, families and community members.
Board approves community representatives for membership on SAL Committee
Membership on the Supervised Alternative Learning (SAL) Committee is updated on an annual basis. Superintendents of education determine the continued interest and availability of members who served the previous year and recruit new volunteers. Trustees approved the following community representatives for membership on the 2019-20 SAL Committee:
- Don Ablett, Retired Secondary Principal, Peel District School Board
- Valerie Arnold-Judge, Former Trustee, Peel District School Board
- Lisa Bachmeier, Associated Youth Services of Peel
- Teanna Brun, Associated Youth Services of Peel
- Rachel Ferreira, Youth Probation Officer, Ministry of Children and Youth Services
- Beryl Ford, Former Trustee, Peel District School Board
- Lisa Castronaro, Police Officer, Peel Regional Police
- Judy Hughes, Retired Teacher, Peel District School Board
- Cathy Matthews, Retired Secondary Vice-Principal, Peel District School Board
- Janice MacKay, Youth Probationary Officer, Ministry of Children and Youth Services
- Suzanne Nurse, Former Trustee, Peel District School Board
- Dana Riddell, Retired Chief Social Worker, Peel District School Board
- Joyce Temple-Smith, Retired Executive Director, Malton Neighbourhood Services
- Jeff White, Former Trustee, Peel District School Board
- Althea Forrester, Retired Vice-Principal, Peel District School Board
- Janet McDougald, Former Trustee, Peel District School Board
The following elementary principal assignment will be effective October 15, 2019:
Nik Papaioannou from principal at Brandon Gate Public School to Manager of Human Resources Support Services.
The following secondary principal assignment will be effective November 25, 2019:
Judith Beriault from coordinating principal of student success/learning to 18 in Alternative Programs to school support officer in Leadership Development and School Support Services.
Trustees recognized the contributions and years of service of the following staff who have/are retiring:
Donna Archer, teacher, will retire December 31, 2019
Mary Correia, teacher, will retire October 31, 2019
Wendy Divito, office assistant, will retire October 11, 2019
Eva Hate, office assistant, will retire October 31, 2019
Andelka Krolo, custodian, will retire September 30, 2019
Donald Mackay, teacher, retired September 21, 2019
Susan Stavin, teacher, will retire September 30, 2019
Ada Sum, payroll clerk, will retire October 31, 2019