Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Blended e-Learning (BeL) and PASonline?
BeL offers teachers access to e-learning resources to support classroom instruction. The teacher and students meet daily as timetabled. BeL is not online learning.
PASonline offers students the ability to gain a secondary credit through online learning. The majority of course work for PASonline will be completed using the online course content and resources.
How does my teacher know I have accessed the BeL resources as directed?
The system can track your activity in the resources (e.g. when you log in, which pages you have viewed, when you log out, how much time you spent online, your IP address, etc.). This gives the administrator and teacher an idea of your level of activity in the resource.
Are the resources private and secure?
All student and teacher accounts are accessible with a username and password. It must be entered to access the e-Learning resources.
What technical equipment do I need?
Please refer to the Student Information page.
How do I clear my browser cache?
Sometimes you may experience a warning message while using your BeL resource asking you to reauthenticate. Almost always this is caused by a page that has had problems loading in your browser and the next time you go to access the page, the problem page is loaded from your cache. Follow these instructions to clear your browser's cache.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6
Netscape Navigator 7.x
- Select "Internet Options". The "General" tab at the top of the popup window should be automatically selected
- In the "Temporary Internet Files" box, click the "Delete Files" button.
- Click "OK".
- Select "Edit" from the browser menu bar.
- Select "Preferences".
- Select the "Advanced" option.
- Select the "Cache" option.
- To remove all the files currently in your memory cache, click "Clear Memory Cache".
- Click "OK".
- To remove all the files currently in your disk cache, click "Clear Disk Cache".
- Click "OK".
Select "Tools" from the browser menu bar
I am having problems accessing my course after the login page.
Slow loading of login page or My Page
1. Try another browser: Mozilla (download at http://www.mozilla.org/products/mozilla1.x/) or Netscape (download at http://www.netscape.com).
2. Check your computer for adware and spyware. You can do this by running Ad-aware (http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/) and/or Spybot Search and Destroy (http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html).
3. Though not necessary, it is always a good idea to update Windows via Windows Update (http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/).
4. If you are using Windows XP, check to make sure you are logged in to WindowsXP as a vaild user, not as a guest.