Expand your options
Maybe you've never considered a skilled trade career as a career option. Currently, there is a shortage of skilled workers in Ontario which is expected to intensify as many skilled workers retire. The Conference Board of Canada predicts we may be short "one million skilled workers by 2020." There is a wide range of interesting, challenging and well-paying jobs in four different trade sectors.
Apprenticeship Sector Chart
Some of the trades available in each sector are:
- refrigeration and air conditioning mechanic
- brick and stone mason
- construction craft worker
- tool and die maker
- general machinist
- facilities maintenance mechanic
- automotive service technician
- auto body repairer
- truck and coach technician
- alignment and brakes technician
- horticultural technician
- child development practitioner
- event planner
- network cabler
For more information, please contact 905-890-1010 ext. 2525.
Check the current version of your school Chart Your Course Common Course Calendar for specific course offerings.