French as a Second Language Advisory Committee
The Peel District School Board's French as a Second Language Advisory committee meets three to four times during the school year to provide input and feedback in an advisory capacity to the board regarding the development and implementation of French programs and initiatives.
The purpose of the Peel board's French as a Second Language Advisory Committee is to:
- act as an advisory committee to the board
- share feedback and input on the development and implementation of Core French, French Immersion and Extended French programs and initiatives
- work collaboratively with the school board to support student success in FSL programs
- develop strategies for enhancing parental engagement with FSL programs
- develop and enhance community connections related to FSL programs and initiatives
Become a member
Applications are now closed.
In early June, a selection sub-committee consisting of staff and trustee members will review all parent applications and select representatives using the following Parent Member Selection Criteria as a guide:
- must have a child in a Peel District School Board school during their role on the FSL Advisory Committee
- demonstrates a keen interest in public education and French as a Second Language programs (Core French, French Immersion and Extended French)
- understands the importance of parent, family and community engagement
- demonstrates advocacy and community development skills
- reflects the diversity of the community
- where possible, representation from elementary, middle and secondary schools and all municipalities
- must be available to attend evening meetings at the HJA Brown Education Centre
If you have questions about the committee or the application process, please contact 905-890-1010 ext. 2519.