Join us for an Information Session to learn more about this exciting overseas opportunity to teach in Weifang, China:
May 1, 4 to 6 p.m.
Albion Room – HJA Brown Education Centre, 5650 Hurontario, Mississauga
Please RSVP to attend via email to email@example.com
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the information flyer
APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FROM OCASSIONAL & LONG-TERM OCCASSIONAL TEACHERS FROM WITHIN PEEL OR EXTERNAL FOR:
- Secondary teachers for Arts, Business, English, English as a second language, Math, Music, Physics, Science
- Elementary teachers kindergarten to grade 8
Background and Responsibilities
271 Education Group, an education employer in China, requires teachers to support student success in the "China and Canada Education Program" in the school's International Education Program. The Peel Board is assisting 271 Education Group to conduct interviews for teachers to work as employees for 271 Education Group in China in the "China and Canada Education Program".
271 Education Group is hiring teachers to work in a new school (Grades K-12) located in Weifang City, Shandong Province, a traditional agricultural province in eastern China. New teachers are highly supported by the school's full time coordinators who help teachers communicate with local students and provide assistance in class. Each class has approximately 18 to 20 students. The school's website is www.sdclez.cn. The focus of these teaching positions is to help students to improve their English language skills and to prepare them to study in Peel. Teachers will be required to provide instruction and assessment in the assigned subject area(s) for 16 to 20 forty-five minute classes per week (15 hours per week).
The successful applicants will demonstrate an ongoing commitment to student success, a sound understanding of language acquisition, and a comprehensive understanding of Steps to English Proficiency (STEP) and its role in supporting assessment for learning. As well, the successful applicants will possess a sound understanding of effective, culturally responsive instruction and assessment practices, differentiated instruction, and the critical importance of how assessment for, of and as learning is used to improve student learning. The successful applicants' responsibilities include modelling the principles of equity and character development, the Ministry's Equity and Inclusive Education Strategy, and Learning for All.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to enhance student success through participation in a learning community where equity and assessment literacy inform decision- making about program planning to support student achievement.
- A teaching certificate valid in the Province of Ontario and membership in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT);
- Qualifications in an OCT-certified program, K-12;
- English as a Second Language is an asset;
- Demonstrated experience working with English Language Learners is an asset;
- Extensive knowledge of current Ministry curricula and policies;
- Demonstrated facility with current, research-based instruction, assessment and evaluation strategies to support English language learners;
- Ability to effectively engage in co-learning with colleagues;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated skills with the use of integrated instructional technology to enhance classroom practices; and
- Ability to work as a team member in a dynamic, progressive and multifaceted environment.
Teachers applying for this position must hold the appropriate qualifications. Please confirm your qualifications including degree(s) on the OCT website. Please note that successful candidates must be between 24 and 65 years of age in order to qualify for appropriate work visas to the Peoples' Republic of China.
Please apply online to Peel's VIP (Virtually In Peel) teacher hiring site
Applications by other means will NOT be accepted. The application deadline is open until the positions are filled. Interviews for short-listed candidates will be scheduled accordingly.
The expected starting date for the positions is September 2017. The school year ends June 30, 2018. There is the possibility of renewal for these positions annually. The rate of pay is 15,000 to 17,000 RMB per month (approximately $3,100 - $3,600 Canadian net). The provision of an apartment and most meals is provided at no cost.
Also included is the following:
- Round-trip flight Canada/China each school year;
- Medical insurance;
- One or more domestic trips within China annually;
- Free Wi-Fi;
- Free drinking water.
A short-list of candidates to be interviewed may be developed. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The criteria for short-listing will reflect demonstrated evidence of success in the competencies identified in the background, responsibilities and qualifications sections of the posting.
Please note that the Peel District School Board is NOT the employer, and this is NOT a Peel District School Board position.
This employment opportunity is with the 271 Education Group, and is open to all qualified OT's and LTO applicants internally with Peel District School Board, as well as externally.