New process in place to ensure safety of staff, students, community members
In an effort to ensure the safety of staff, students, parents and community members who attend Regular Meetings of the Board, the Peel District School Board has introduced a new board meeting access process.
Effective immediately and until further notice, for all Regular Meetings of the Board:
- Meeting attendees will enter the HJA Brown Education Centre, located at 5650 Hurontario St. in Mississauga, through its main entrance off Matheson Blvd., beginning at 6:30 p.m.
- Access into the building will end at 8 p.m.
- Meeting attendees, including staff, delegates and those wishing to attend as members of the public, will be required to present government-issued photo identification and sign in.
- Individuals will be let in one at a time by security personnel.
- Individuals will be video recorded while on school board property. Permission will not be sought in advance. This message, as well as signage posted in the education centre, serve as notice.
- Meeting attendees are expected to adhere to the Peel board's Code of Conduct, as outlined in Safe School Policy #48. Discourteous and offensive behaviour will not be tolerated and will result in ejection from the building.
- If at any time the meeting becomes too disruptive, the Chair of the Board can and will ask individuals to be removed from the Board Room so that the regular business of the board can continue. If necessary, meetings may be adjourned and continued at a later time.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.