January 27, 2017
Participate in the Winter Walk to School Day – February 1, 2017
The Peel District School Board is excited to participate in the annual Winter Walk to School Day taking place on Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2017. Students, staff, parents and community members are encouraged to take part in the initiative to help reduce gas emissions and traffic congestion and promote a healthy, active lifestyle.
Below are some winter walking tips to keep in mind:
- keep hands and head covered to prevent heat loss.
- on really cold days wear a scarf over your face and mouth.
- wear warm, waterproof boots.
- wear a warm coat that deflects the wind.
- woolen clothing helps to retain the heat.
- wear clothing or carry knapsacks with reflective material – it's important to be seen.
- if possible, change wet clothes at school – tuck an extra pair of socks and mitts into knapsacks.
Share your participation in #WinterWalkDay by tagging @PeelSchools on Twitter and Instagram.