Summer Co-operative Education
The Summer Co-operative Education Program allows students to earn two (2) credits by integrating course curriculum with learning at a work placement during the five-week program. Students are monitored and supported in their learning by the placement assistant administrator and co-op teachers. Students must be available to commit to the entirety of the program.
- gain workplace experience in a unique learning environment outside the classroom
- develop employability skills and work habits that are applicable to the workplace
- participate in hands-on learning in a safe and encouraging environment
- choose a work placement based on their interests, readiness and needs
- connect and build relationships with potential future employers
Summer Co-op is available to current Peel District School Board day school students only.
Register for Summer Co-operative Education:
- Login to Student Web on the school website
- Select Summer School on the left-hand side of the page
- Click on Y3 courses
- Under the ART tab, click on COP 2XC
- Click on Register
- Be sure to submit the Career Exploration Application (see below) along with your updated résumé and cover letter to your Guidance Counsellor by the March 23rd deadline.
Co-op Education Information including course dates, pre-placement locations and dates, integration session locations and dates and more
Co-op Education Application Form (coming soon)
Statement of Understanding