Tips for Success – the Peel Advantage
For attending classes:
- You will need paper, a binder, pens and pencils. We also suggest a dictionary. All locations in the Peel board have free wifi available for all students. Students are encouraged to bring their own device (tablet, smartphone, laptop) to enhance their learning.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before your class so that you have time to find a parking place and prepare for class
- Your teacher will provide you with a course outline, which will include course expectations, how you will be evaluated, and the materials you will require
- The instructor and administration at the school will outline expectations regarding the importance of punctuality and attendance and our related policies
- If you smoke, do so off school property. Smoking is not permitted at any of our sites. The municipality patrols the area (not the school) and will fine anyone $305 found smoking on Peel District School Board property
Tips for success
Attend class every day.
Come with a strong desire to learn.
Even when you are finding it difficult to learn, don't give up, keep trying.
Do your homework.
Believe in yourself and your ability to improve.