Community Use of Schools supports affordable access to school space outside of school hours for not-for-profit groups. Schools are hubs of the community and the Outreach program aims to maximize use of public schools by facilitating dialogue between school administration and community groups.
In addition to maximizing access to school facilities, the ministry funded program will identify schools in high needs areas of Peel and determine if these schools are eligible for additional funding.
For more information about the Community Use of Schools Outreach Program, contact the outreach program co-ordinator, Jason Payne at 905-890-1010 (or 1-800-668-1146) ext. 2068.
We asked you about Community Use of Schools and here's what you said:
- About 98 per cent of users would recommend using school space.
- More than half of permit holders indicated no problems when booking school space.
Of those permit holders who experienced difficulty the most common problem was finding more space.
- Over 70 per cent of permit holders would prefer booking space online with more than half preferring to pay online.
- 97.6 per cent of permit holders are non-profit or community groups.
- 75 perc ent of permit holders use our gymnasiums.
- 53 perc ent want more space.
Here's what we've done about it:
- Redesign the Board website to provide more information to users.
- Allow adults and seniors groups in elementary schools.
- Photo Gallery on our facilities page.
- Users can now search for available facilities before submitting a permit application OR search for available space in a school of their choice.
- Users can apply for and renew online. (For existing permit holders who require a login/password please contact the system administrator at. 905-890-1010 (or 1-800-668-1146) ext. 2068. New permit applicants will create their own login/password using information on the home page of Elyxyr.)
- Enhancements to web permit system.