Latest update: Jan. 25, 2017
Board approves recommendations for Pupil Accommodation Review for secondary schools south of the 401
At the Regular Meeting of the Board on Jan. 24, 2017, Peel District School Board trustees approved the following recommendations related to the Pupil Accommodation Review for secondary schools south of the 401:
- Effective June 2018, Gordon Graydon Memorial Secondary School will close;
- Effective September 2018, the Vocational (VOC) and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Programs will be relocated from Gordon Graydon Memorial S.S. to Glenforest Secondary School;
- Effective September 2017,
Effective September 2018, the International Business and Technology (IBT) and Graphic and Design Management (GDM) Programs will be relocated from Gordon Graydon Memorial S.S. to T.L. Kennedy Secondary School.
- students residing within the existing Glenforest S.S. Enhanced Learning Program (ELP) boundary entering Grade 9 ELP, will be directed to The Woodlands S.S. or Lorne Park Secondary School;
- students enrolled in the Enhanced Learning Program at Glenforest S.S. and entering Grade 10 – 12, will be given the option to attend The Woodlands S.S. or Lorne Park S.S. Students who do not exercise this option for 2017 will complete their secondary education at Glenforest Secondary School;
- ELP boundaries for The Woodlands and Lorne Park will be expanded as described in the Final Staff Report
Peel board staff will now prepare a transition plan that will include timelines for implementation and the support available to staff and students moving to their new school sites. In addition, transition committees will be formed, comprised of appropriate Board staff and parents. These committees will develop plans for items of historical significance, the control, reclamation and disposition of a closing school's inventory, maintaining appropriate records and building a collaborative culture in the consolidated sites.
Download a copy of the letter being sent home to families of affected schools on Jan. 25, 2017.
Download a copy of the Final Staff Report from the Jan. 24, 2017 Regular Meeting of the Board.